Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Obsessed with barefoot sandals


Remember a couple weeks back I mentioned that I purchased a set of barefoot sandal patterns.  The design I really liked looked relatively  easy to make -- keep in mind that I have been crocheting for yeaaaaarrrrrs.  I'm not an expert, but I can read a pattern and work most stitches.  For some reason, I just could not get beyond row 3.  The design was not what was in the picture.

So....   I gave up on that pattern.  My newly designed barefoot sandal is one I pictured earlier.


I like them a lot, but they do take a long time to crochet.  The thread is DMC #5 which is not too fine, but does require a bit of care not to get the thread turned around.

So, I decided I needed to create a simpler design and I used DMC #3 (a little heavier and easier to work with).   I like this one, too.



Now I just need to rewrite my directions and hope that I can follow my notes which are full of crossed out lines and erasures!


If you are interested in the last pair of sandals or a grey pair of the first, they are available at CraftyPastimes.etsy.com


Next on my 'to do' list is a little boy's baseball cap.  I saw a pattern which is really cute, but not free.  However, a pattern picture -- I forget the correct word -- was available so I'm counting rows, double crochets, and single crochets ( X    and     ---X--- ). 

I'll post a picture when I finish the cap.
k




No comments:

Post a Comment