Thursday, May 31, 2012

Barefoot Sandals

Well, I crocheted a few pair of barefoot sandals.  What are barefoot sandals?  You have seen them.  Little lacy triangles or circles of crocheted thread that cover the top of a foot and tie in the back around the ankle.  Brides who are getting married on the beach often wear barefoot sandals -- jewelry for your feet!

A customer asked if I could make them.  I'd never really thought about crocheting barefoot sandals, but I told her I would give a try. 

I love 'em!  Finding patterns was an issue.  Lion Brand yarn has a really easy pattern.  Though the pattern is simple, I like them especially in DMC Perle thread #5.  I'm going to try another pair in DMC Perle thread #3 -- not sure if the barefoot sandal will look as fine in a heavier thread.



Then I purchased a pattern and for some reason just could not get it right.  Don't know what I was doing wrong, but eventually wrote my own pattern.  Creating patterns is really quite a chore.  I think I am on my fourth revision and I'm still not sure about it.  But I did complete two pair of barefoot sandals - one in grey and the other in cream.  I like them both. 


I'm not sure which color I like best. 

Anyhow, I have several new ideas for barefoot sandals and will post them as I go along.

The sandals shown above are reserved for my customer, but I will be  posting others on Etsy so check the shop in a week or so.  (CraftyPastimes.etsy.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment