Saturday, March 17, 2012

Easter Cards

A woman I met at Curves a few months ago invited me to a cardmaking class.  I had thought about making cards a few years ago, but just did not pick up on it.  So, now that I have some extra time, I thought I'd give it a try.

Over the last few weeks I purchased some card making materials:  card stock, Easter stamps, ink pad, stamp cleaner,  cards and envelopes and a couple punches.  I found myself wanting to buy more and more, but another friend recommended only buying what I need at the time --  otherwise, one will end up with all kinds of stamps and die cuts that aren't needed or are duplicates.  Sounds like good advice.

I find making cards kind of relaxing and definitely creative!   Deciding what to make is a challenge for me.  I'm not really 'artsy' so I find the process much easier if I have an example to follow.  I changed some of the colors and a little bit of the format on some to create my own design.  I am hoping that I get faster at this cause I spent a whole afternoon just making a few cards!

Here are a few examples of the cards I've made:




Note:  These cards are now available at Two Yellow Daisies


No comments:

Post a Comment